Ideas For New Giveaways

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by snesfreak, Mar 15, 2017.

1. snesfreak

snesfreak Bad at video games Staff Member

So our recent Zelda/Mario Maker giveaway was decently successful, it brought a few new members in. So now I need some ideas for new giveaways.

As much as I would love to do something like give a Switch away (if I could find one lol) that's still well out of my price range for now. Maybe when this place has NeoGAF level traffic and I'm rolling in ad money (bahahaha yeah right).

What I could do though, is maybe a regular giveaway of something small like a $10 eShop code. Major releases could be a good idea too, Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 being obvious choices. Beyond that I could do the occasional smaller indie game or something like Snipperclips.

Another thing I could do is once Nintendo's paid service is available, I could giveaway 12-month subscription codes for it. I can't see why Nintendo's service wouldn't have them.

The real question though, is how to actually do the giveaway. I looked into that Gleam site that @JKizt suggested and it's a definite possibility. Could actually use that to help get more followers on Twitter/Twitch and Youtube subs.

So, do you guys have any other ideas for future giveaways?

Josh Young likes this.
  2. Christopherhi

Christopherhi Member

Facebook or twitter is a good use of social media sharing a giveaway. Maybe host a like and share give away something like like and share this page and comment in the forum, it will get traffic to the site some will stay some wont but getting the traffic flowing can evidently bring your ranking up and make search functions notice this site more and of course it will bring people who will sign up.